Aug 30, 2013

Silver ear cuff DIY

A long time ago, I made an ear cuff out of a paper clip. And recently I decided to give ear cuff making another go! This time, though, I wanted it to look more like a real cartilage piercing. This is what I came up with:


You can buy these rings at craft stores, they basically look like baby key rings. Use a wire cutter to snip about half of the ring off. 



You'll be left with this shape, but the ends will be sharp. Use a dab of clear nail polish or glue to cover the sharpness, and there you go! 


To wear it just bend the opening until it's wide enough to slip onto your ear. Press it slightly together, and that's it! A simple "cartilage piercing" without the pain or commitment. ;)




3 comments:

  1. I like the subtlety of that little ring, just balancing up there on your ear, available only to the observant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really fun posts. I love the imagination and creativity of your jewlery.

    Chip

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really fun posts. I love the imagination and creativity of your jewlery.

    Chip

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!