Art journal entry July 22nd
|Color pencil on brown paper|
Living with a New Pixie:
the Beginner's Guide
- Continually scratch your head and surprise your fingers at the lack of hair every time.
- Fill your palm with a normal amount of mouse, use what you need, and be left with a sticky hand heaping full of unused product.
- Rest your head back against something and expect to hit your ponytail.
- Roll over in bed, lifting your head and trying to flick your hair out of the way with a practiced movement you didn't even realize you had.
- Enjoy shoving your head under the faucet and having your hair dry within 20 minutes instead of 2 hours.
- Be surprised every single time you put on a sweater or put a camera strap around your neck and your hair doesn't get caught underneath it.
- Realize that bedhead is a rather unforeseen issue. You can't just fix that with a ponytail anymore. Seriously, guys. It's a major problem.
- Make sure it is at least a month before you remember that a tiny dot of conditioner is quite enough, thank you very much.
- And finally, give it time. It will take about a week before you and your new hair figure each other out. Your hair won't lay right for the first few days, and you won't know how to style it. You have committed to your hair. Be patient and soon you will settle into a new, happy healthy routine! [What is this? Relationship advice for you and your hair?!]