Jan 30, 2011

Mary Poppins umbrella restyle

We found this ducky umbrella at a second hand store for $3. At first I was like, "Oooh! It's a Mary Poppins umbrella!" But then that evening I watched the movie again, and realized that Mary Poppin's umbrella was actually a parrot! My poor duck umbrella. :(
I really wanted a Mary Poppins umbrella, so I decided to restyle de duck!




Ducky:


My brother had to cut the beak off during plastic surgery.


New beak in place on the duckarrot. Paruck? Parrotuck?


Painting away ... notice the Mary Poppins picture on the screen that I was copying. :)




After a few coats of polycrylic, it's done! :D




Couldn't resist posing in these shoes. :)

14 comments:

  1. Do you rent it out? Does it make you fly? Does it talk to you? It needs a name. Right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't need a permit! You can just come on over!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Storyfingers: that comment confused me for a minute ... and then I was like "Ooooh..." *Lightbulb!*
    :)
    If only ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Inna! I just found your blog through your comment on mine!
    Thank so much for commenting and following. :)
    -danielle

    ReplyDelete
  5. That umbrella is genius! great idea

    ReplyDelete
  6. So would that be called wooden surgery?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Andi: thanks! :)
    Storyfingers: I think you're right ... Hmmmm. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. fabulous umbrella!
    how did you do it??
    this is killer!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is pretty awesome. Cool transformation.

    Chip

    ReplyDelete
  10. Whoa! Inna! Four whole days without a post? What is this world coming to??? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want to borrow this so that I can fly.

    ReplyDelete
  12. how did you shape the new beak!? love this whole thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Morgan! My brother cut the rough shape with his band-saw, and I carved down the rest by hand. :)

      Delete

Thank you for commenting!