Jul 21, 2012

Embroidering photos - a DIYish

This is a pretty self explanatory project, so I felt weird calling it an actual DIY. But it's still something fun to Do Yourself, and it's a project idea that you may not have had otherwise. You see my dilemma. So DIYish it is.

But since all good DIY's (even the ishy kind) come with directions ... well. I might as well put 'em in.

Step 1. Poke a few holes in a photo with a needle. I used some of my underwater pics
Step 2. Thread needle with embroidery floss or thick thread and play around with going in and out of the holes until it looks good. :)

Of course, if you're better at embroidering than I am, you might actually try some fancy stitches or something.   :P







This is a super fun way to add a bit of pizzazz and texture to your photo album, journal, scrap book, or whatever.
And it's a great project to do indoors when it's hot and sticky out! Win!

4 comments:

  1. Ooooh I LIKE! Looks very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a clever idea! I think I am going to have to try this out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think green and blue have always been pretty much your favorites. Good thing they don't go out of style!

    Beautiful, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a cool idea! I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!